Blood clearance of radioactively labelled cis-diammine 1,1-cyclobutane dicarboxylate platinum (II) (CBDCA) in cancer patients.
McAuliffe, C A
Fox, Brian W
AffiliationDepartment of Medical Biophysics, University of Manchester, Medical School, Manchester.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThe blood and urinary clearances of cis-diammine 1,1-cyclobutane dicarboxylate platinum(II) (CBDCA, JM8) were determined in four patients with malignancy. A 40 muCi iv injection of 191 Pt/193 Pt (3:1)-labelled CBDCA was followed by serial blood and urine sampling to 72 h. The blood clearance was triphasic, mean values for the fast, intermediate, and slow phases being 10.8 min, 2.5 h, and 125 h, respectively. The fraction of activity excreted in the urine within the first 6 h had a mean value of 66.7%, contrasting with 26.4% for cisplatin. There was only a small fraction of CBDCA excreted by the slow phase (1.5%) as against an average of 20% for CHIP and 27% for cisplatin. The early and rapid renal clearance of CBDCA may account for reduced nephrotoxicity.
CitationBlood clearance of radioactively labelled cis-diammine 1,1-cyclobutane dicarboxylate platinum (II) (CBDCA) in cancer patients. 1983, 11 (1):5-7 Cancer Chemother. Pharmacol.
JournalCancer Chemotherapy and Pharmacology
- Pharmacokinetics of cis-diammine-1,1-cyclobutane dicarboxylate platinum(II) in patients with normal and impaired renal function.
- Authors: Harland SJ, Newell DR, Siddik ZH, Chadwick R, Calvert AH, Harrap KR
- Issue date: 1984 Apr
- [Pharmacokinetics of cis-diammine-1,1-cyclobutane dicarboxylate platinum II (CBDCA) in humans].
- Authors: Zucca E, Cattaneo MT, Cavalli F, Guaitani A, Filipazzi V, Bartosek I
- Issue date: 1985 Jan-Apr
- Pharmacokinetics and plasma protein binding of two platinum cytostatics CHIP and CBDCA in rats.
- Authors: Láznícková A, Láznícek M, Kvĕtina J, Drobník J
- Issue date: 1986
- In vivo distribution studies of radioactively labelled platinum complexes; cis-dichlorodiammine platinum(II), cis-trans-dichlorodihydroxy-bis-(isopropylamine) platinum(IV), cis-dichloro-bis-cyclopropylamine platinum(II), and cis-diammine 1,1-cyclobutanedicarboxylate platinum(II) in patients with malignant disease, using a gamma camera.
- Authors: Owens SE, Thatcher N, Sharma H, Adam N, Harrison R, Smith A, Zaki A, Baer JC, McAuliffe CA, Crowther D
- Issue date: 1985
- Early clinical studies with cis-diammine-1,1-cyclobutane dicarboxylate platinum II.
- Authors: Calvert AH, Harland SJ, Newell DR, Siddik ZH, Jones AC, McElwain TJ, Raju S, Wiltshaw E, Smith IE, Baker JM, Peckham MJ, Harrap KR
- Issue date: 1982