VAC (vincristine, adriamycin, cyclophosphamide) chemotherapy for metastatic carcinoma from an unknown primary site.
Rankin, Elaine M
Scarffe, J Howard
AffiliationCancer Research Campaign, Dept. of Medical Oncology, Manchester University and Christie Hospital & Holt Radium Institute, Wilmslow Road, Manchester M20 9BX, U.K.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractTwenty patients presenting with metastatic carcinoma from an unknown primary site were studied. All patients were treated with a triple chemotherapy regimen of vincristine, adriamycin and cyclophosphamide repeated at three-week intervals. The response rate was 50%, and the four patients achieving complete response are alive and disease-free at 13, 16, 36 and 39 months. Toxicity was minimal and the majority of patients' performance status improved with the chemotherapy. VAC chemotherapy is indicated for patients with metastases, particularly of soft tissues originating from a carcinoma from an unknown primary site.
CitationVAC (vincristine, adriamycin, cyclophosphamide) chemotherapy for metastatic carcinoma from an unknown primary site. 1983, 19 (1):49-52 Eur J Cancer Clin Oncol
JournalEuropean Journal of Cancer & Clinical Oncology
- Treatment of advanced uterine sarcoma with vincristine, actinomycin D, and cyclophosphamide.
- Authors: Hannigan EV, Freedman RS, Elder KW, Rutledge FN
- Issue date: 1983 Apr
- Addition of Vincristine and Irinotecan to Vincristine, Dactinomycin, and Cyclophosphamide Does Not Improve Outcome for Intermediate-Risk Rhabdomyosarcoma: A Report From the Children's Oncology Group.
- Authors: Hawkins DS, Chi YY, Anderson JR, Tian J, Arndt CAS, Bomgaars L, Donaldson SS, Hayes-Jordan A, Mascarenhas L, McCarville MB, McCune JS, McCowage G, Million L, Morris CD, Parham DM, Rodeberg DA, Rudzinski ER, Shnorhavorian M, Spunt SL, Skapek SX, Teot LA, Wolden S, Yock TI, Meyer WH
- Issue date: 2018 Sep 20
- No routine role for vincristine, adriamycin, and cyclophosphamide (VAC) or thoracic radiation therapy in extensive stage small cell lung cancer.
- Authors: Eagan RT, Frytak S, Lee RE, Therneau TM, Richardson RL, Creagan ET
- Issue date: 1987 Apr
- Vincristine, actinomycin, and cyclophosphamide compared with vincristine, actinomycin, and cyclophosphamide alternating with vincristine, topotecan, and cyclophosphamide for intermediate-risk rhabdomyosarcoma: children's oncology group study D9803.
- Authors: Arndt CA, Stoner JA, Hawkins DS, Rodeberg DA, Hayes-Jordan AA, Paidas CN, Parham DM, Teot LA, Wharam MD, Breneman JC, Donaldson SS, Anderson JR, Meyer WH
- Issue date: 2009 Nov 1
- A randomised trial comparing combination chemotherapy using mitomycin C, mitozantrone and methotrexate (3M) with vincristine, anthracycline and cyclophosphamide (VAC) in advanced breast cancer.
- Authors: Powles TJ, Jones AL, Judson IR, Hardy JR, Ashley SE
- Issue date: 1991 Aug