VAC (vincristine, adriamycin, cyclophosphamide) chemotherapy for metastatic carcinoma from an unknown primary site.
Rankin, Elaine M
Scarffe, J Howard
AffiliationCancer Research Campaign, Dept. of Medical Oncology, Manchester University and Christie Hospital & Holt Radium Institute, Wilmslow Road, Manchester M20 9BX, U.K.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractTwenty patients presenting with metastatic carcinoma from an unknown primary site were studied. All patients were treated with a triple chemotherapy regimen of vincristine, adriamycin and cyclophosphamide repeated at three-week intervals. The response rate was 50%, and the four patients achieving complete response are alive and disease-free at 13, 16, 36 and 39 months. Toxicity was minimal and the majority of patients' performance status improved with the chemotherapy. VAC chemotherapy is indicated for patients with metastases, particularly of soft tissues originating from a carcinoma from an unknown primary site.
CitationVAC (vincristine, adriamycin, cyclophosphamide) chemotherapy for metastatic carcinoma from an unknown primary site. 1983, 19 (1):49-52 Eur J Cancer Clin Oncol
JournalEuropean Journal of Cancer & Clinical Oncology
- Treatment of advanced uterine sarcoma with vincristine, actinomycin D, and cyclophosphamide.
- Authors: Hannigan EV, Freedman RS, Elder KW, Rutledge FN
- Issue date: 1983 Apr
- Combination chemotherapy using vincristine, adriamycin, cyclophosphamide (VAC) alternating with ifosfamide and etoposide (IE) for advanced soft tissue sarcomas: a phase II study.
- Authors: Palumbo R, Palmeri S, Gatti C, Villani G, Cesca A, Toma S
- Issue date: 1998 Jan-Feb
- Metastatic sarcomas: chemotherapy with adriamycin, cyclophosphamide, and methotrexate alternating with actinomycin D, DTIC, and vincristine.
- Authors: Presant CA, Lowenbraun S, Bartolucci AA, Smalley RV
- Issue date: 1981 Feb 1
- Treatment of high-risk gestational trophoblastic neoplasia with etoposide, methotrexate, actinomycin D, cyclophosphamide, and vincristine chemotherapy.
- Authors: Escobar PF, Lurain JR, Singh DK, Bozorgi K, Fishman DA
- Issue date: 2003 Dec
- Treatment of malignant nondysgerminomatous germ cell tumors of the ovary with vincristine, dactinomycin, and cyclophosphamide.
- Authors: Gershenson DM, Copeland LJ, Kavanagh JJ, Cangir A, Del Junco G, Saul PB, Stringer CA, Freedman RS, Edwards CL, Wharton JT
- Issue date: 1985 Dec 15