A phase II study of cyclophosphamide as a 24-hr infusion in advanced non-small cell lung cancer.
AffiliationDepartment of Medical Oncology, Christie Hospital, Manchester M20 9BX, U.K.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractTwenty patients with progressive non-small cell lung cancer who had received no prior chemotherapy were treated with 24-hr infusions of cyclophosphamide at a dose of 2.5 g/m2. The median number of courses administered was three (range one to six). There was one PR and one CR, an overall response rate of 10% (95% confidence limits 2-32%). A further six patients experienced excellent relief of distressing symptoms, unresponsive to other measures, as a result of the chemotherapy. The median survival for the 20 patients was 18.5 weeks (range 4-75 weeks). The median leukocyte nadir count was 1.1 X 10(9)/1 and median platelet nadir count 226 X 10(9)/1. There were no episodes of cystitis and gastrointestinal toxicity was moderate. This study has not shown any advantage for the infusion schedule over conventional bolus regimens, but further dose escalation or more prolonged infusion times may improve results.
CitationA phase II study of cyclophosphamide as a 24-hr infusion in advanced non-small cell lung cancer. 1986, 22 (4):435-7 Eur J Cancer Clin Oncol
JournalEuropean Journal of Cancer & Clinical Oncology
- Phase I trial of granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor plus high-dose cyclophosphamide given every 2 weeks: a Cancer and Leukemia Group B study.
- Authors: Lichtman SM, Ratain MJ, Van Echo DA, Rosner G, Egorin MJ, Budman DR, Vogelzang NJ, Norton L, Schilsky RL
- Issue date: 1993 Aug 18
- Phase I dose-escalation trial of paclitaxel and ifosfamide in patients with advanced non-small cell lung cancer.
- Authors: Shepherd FA, Latreille J, Paul K, Eisenhauer E
- Issue date: 1996 Dec
- A randomised trial of three or six courses of etoposide cyclophosphamide methotrexate and vincristine or six courses of etoposide and ifosfamide in small cell lung cancer (SCLC). II: Quality of life. Medical Research Council Lung Cancer Working Party.
- Authors: Bleehen NM, Girling DJ, Machin D, Stephens RJ
- Issue date: 1993 Dec
- A dose-seeking trial of edatrexate in combination with vinblastine, adriamycin, cisplatin, and filgrastim (EVAC/G-CSF) in patients with advanced malignancies: promising antineoplastic activity against non-small cell lung carcinomas.
- Authors: Colón-Otero G, Marschke R, Camoriano JK, Sorensen JM, Sloan JA, Richardson RL
- Issue date: 1997 Sep-Oct
- Cisplatin-cyclophosphamide-mitomycin combination chemotherapy with supportive care versus supportive care alone for treatment of metastatic non-small-cell lung cancer.
- Authors: Cartei G, Cartei F, Cantone A, Causarano D, Genco G, Tobaldin A, Interlandi G, Giraldi T
- Issue date: 1993 May 19