Ifosfamide and mitomycin in combination for the treatment of patients with progressive advanced non-small cell lung cancer.
AffiliationDepartment of Medical Oncology, Christie Hospital and Holt Radium Institute, Manchester, U.K.
MetadataShow full item record
Abstract42 patients with progressive and advanced non-small cell lung cancer received chemotherapy comprising ifosfamide 1.5 g/m2, mesna 1.5 g/m2 and mitomycin 1.2 mg/m2 daily for 5 days. Only those patients with symptoms and progressive disease were selected for treatment. Partial response was achieved in 10/42 patients (23.8%) and stable disease in 25/42 (59.5%). The Karnofsky performance status (KP) improved in 10/42 patients (23.8%) and a subjective respiratory symptom score improved in 12 patients (28.6%). In addition 27 patients (64.3%) had stabilisation of both the KP and respiratory score following chemotherapy. These results indicate that the ifosfamide and mitomycin combination is active in non-small cell lung cancer in this selected group of patients with antitumour and symptom control activity.
CitationIfosfamide and mitomycin in combination for the treatment of patients with progressive advanced non-small cell lung cancer. 1991, 27 (5):565-8 Eur. J. Cancer
JournalEuropean Journal of Cancer
- Combination chemotherapy with ifosfamide, mitomycin, and cisplatin in advanced non-small cell lung cancer.
- Authors: Girón CG, Ordónez A, Jalón JI, Barón MG
- Issue date: 1987 Sep
- A randomized study of two vindesine plus cisplatin-containing regimens with the addition of mitomycin C or ifosfamide in patients with advanced non-small cell lung cancer.
- Authors: Rosell R, Abad-Esteve A, Moreno I, Barnadas A, Carles J, Fernandez C, Ribelles N, Culubret M
- Issue date: 1990 Apr 15
- Phase II study with mitomycin, ifosfamide and carboplatin in inoperable non-small cell lung cancer.
- Authors: von Rohr A, Anderson H, McIntosh R, Thatcher N
- Issue date: 1991
- Ifosfamide, mitomycin and radiotherapy in non-small-cell lung cancer.
- Authors: Chetiyawardana SD, Cullen MH, Joshi RC, Woodroffe CM
- Issue date: 1989
- Mitomycin, ifosfamide and cis-platin in non-small cell lung cancer: treatment good enough to compare.
- Authors: Cullen MH, Joshi R, Chetiyawardana AD, Woodroffe CM
- Issue date: 1988 Sep