AffiliationDepartment of Medical Oncology, Christie Hospital and Holt Radium Institute, Manchester.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThe effect of age on the pharmacokinetics of ifosfamide was studied in 20 patients with advanced non small cell lung cancer. A positive correlation was found between the elimination half-life of ifosfamide and age (r = 0.48, 0.05 less than P less than 0.01). This was due to an increase in volume of distribution with age (r = 0.66, 0.001 less than P less than 0.01). Total plasma clearance, renal clearance and non renal clearance did not change with age. Age did not affect the autoinduction of ifosfamide metabolism. Further studies are needed to demonstrate any adverse effects of ifosfamide in the elderly.
CitationThe effect of age on the pharmacokinetics of ifosfamide. 1990, 30 (1):140-3 Br J Clin Pharmacol
JournalBritish Journal of Clinical Pharmacology
- Prolongation of ifosfamide elimination half-life in obese patients due to altered drug distribution.
- Authors: Lind MJ, Margison JM, Cerny T, Thatcher N, Wilkinson PM
- Issue date: 1989
- Pharmacokinetics of ifosfamide and its enantiomers following a single 1 h intravenous infusion of the racemate in patients with small cell lung carcinoma.
- Authors: Corlett SA, Parker D, Chrystyn H
- Issue date: 1995 Apr
- Ifosfamide enantiomers: pharmacokinetics in children.
- Authors: Prasad VK, Corlett SA, Abaasi K, Heney D, Lewis I, Chrystyn H
- Issue date: 1994
- A study of 5 day fractionated ifosfamide pharmacokinetics in consecutive treatment cycles.
- Authors: Lewis LD
- Issue date: 1996 Aug
- Population pharmacokinetics of ifosfamide and its 2- and 3-dechloroethylated and 4-hydroxylated metabolites in resistant small-cell lung cancer patients.
- Authors: Kerbusch T, vanPutten JW, Groen HJ, Huitema AD, Mathĵt RA, Beijnen JH
- Issue date: 2001 Jul