DNA analysis by flow cytometry in nonsmall cell lung cancer: relationship to epidermal growth factor receptor, histology, tumour stage and survival.
AffiliationCRC Department of Medical Oncology, Christie Hospital and Holt Radium Institute, Manchester, U.K.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractIn a retrospective study, surgical specimens of 136 patients with nonsmall cell lung cancer, were investigated for DNA content by flow cytometry. Seventy per cent of all tumours were aneuploid. Aneuploidy was a statistically significant factor for shorter survival and was independent of tumour size, histology, grade of differentiation, regional lymph node involvement, age and sex (P less than 0.02). A high proliferation index (greater than 7.5%) was also a prognostically unfavourable factor and was observed significantly more often in tumours where the majority of cells expressed epidermal growth factor receptor.
CitationDNA analysis by flow cytometry in nonsmall cell lung cancer: relationship to epidermal growth factor receptor, histology, tumour stage and survival. 1990, 84 (3):217-23 Respir Med
- Biological markers and DNA flow cytometric analysis in radically resected patients with non-small cell lung cancer. A study of the Perugia Multidisciplinary Team for Thoracic Tumors.
- Authors: Ludovini V, Pistola L, Gregorc V, Floriani I, Rulli E, Di Carlo L, Semeraro A, Daddi G, Darwish S, Stocchi L, Tofanetti FR, Bellezza G, Sidoni A, Tognellini R, Crinò L, Tonato M
- Issue date: 2008 May-Jun
- Prognostic and therapeutic significance of the flow cytometric nuclear DNA content in non-small cell lung cancer.
- Authors: Isobe H, Miyamoto H, Shimizu T, Haneda H, Hashimoto M, Inoue K, Mizuno S, Kawakami Y
- Issue date: 1990 Mar 15
- DNA content in correlation with postsurgical stage in non-small cell lung cancer.
- Authors: Carp NZ, Ellison DD, Brophy PF, Watts P, Chang MC, Keller SM
- Issue date: 1992 Apr
- [Flow cytometric analysis of the DNA content of resected non-small cell lung cancer with reference to long-term follow-up].
- Authors: Nagai S, Chiba W, Ikeda S, Matsumoto H, Fujimoto T, Ishida H, Wazawa H, Hanawa T, Yamashita N, Yasuda Y, Matsubara Y, Hatakenaka R, Funatsu T
- Issue date: 1996 Jun
- Flow cytometric analysis of DNA content and proliferation and immunohistochemical staining of Ki-67 in non-small cell lung cancer.
- Authors: Hofmann HS, Knolle J, Bahn H, Klapperstück T, Lautenschläger C, Neef H
- Issue date: 2001 Aug