Seroconversion after influenza vaccination in patients with lung cancer.
AffiliationMedical Oncology, Wythenshawe Hospital, Manchester, UK.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThere are no data in the literature about the efficacy of influenza vaccination in lung cancer patients. Paired sera were available from 59 patients who received Fluvirin (Evans Medical). Of 41 patients susceptible to one or more influenza strains, 78% responded fully to vaccination. This response rate is comparable to that obtained from healthy volunteers.
CitationSeroconversion after influenza vaccination in patients with lung cancer. 1999, 80 (1-2):219-20 Br J Cancer
JournalBritish Journal of Cancer
- Dose sparing strategy with intradermal influenza vaccination in patients with solid cancer.
- Authors: Jo YM, Song JY, Hwang IS, Lee J, Oh SC, Kim JS, Kim SR, Kim WJ, Cheong HJ
- Issue date: 2009 Apr
- Effect of a second, booster, influenza vaccination on antibody responses in quiescent systemic lupus erythematosus: an open, prospective, controlled study.
- Authors: Holvast A, van Assen S, de Haan A, Huckriede A, Benne CA, Westra J, Palache A, Wilschut J, Kallenberg CG, Bijl M
- Issue date: 2009 Oct
- Influenza vaccination in patients with breast cancer: a case-series analysis.
- Authors: Vilar-Compte D, Cornejo P, Valle-Salinas A, Roldán-Marin R, Iguala M, Cervantes Y, López I
- Issue date: 2006 Aug
- Vaccination against influenza in patients with rheumatoid arthritis: the effect of rituximab on the humoral response.
- Authors: Oren S, Mandelboim M, Braun-Moscovici Y, Paran D, Ablin J, Litinsky I, Comaneshter D, Levartovsky D, Mendelson E, Azar R, Wigler I, Balbir-Gurman A, Caspi D, Elkayam O
- Issue date: 2008 Jul
- Impaired response rates, but satisfying protection rates to influenza vaccination in dialysis patients.
- Authors: Vogtländer NP, Brown A, Valentijn RM, Rimmelzwaan GF, Osterhaus AD
- Issue date: 2004 Jun 2