Monoclonal antibodies to human embryonal carcinoma cells: antigenic relationships of germ cell tumors.
AuthorsRinke de Wit, T F
Van den Elsen, P J
Oosterhuis, J W
Pera, M F
Stern, Peter L
AffiliationDepartment of Immunohematology, Leiden University Hospital, REP-TNO, Rijswijk, The Netherlands.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractFifteen monoclonal antibodies (mAb) that show specificity for human embryonal carcinoma cells are described. C57BL/6 mice were immunized with Tera-2 embryonal carcinoma cells, and hybridomas were isolated and tested versus a set of human developmental tumor cell lines. The antigens exhibit relatively restricted and unique distributions on normal tissues as shown by immunohistochemistry. The mAbs recognize a series of differentiation antigens since their expression changes when teratocarcinoma stem cells are induced to differentiate in vitro. The expression of these molecules in germ cell and related tumors is consistent with the data obtained from in vitro cell studies. Seven of these mAbs immunoprecipitate molecules from surface labeled Tera-2 cells that show distinct molecular weights on sodium dodecyl sulfate-polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis. The antigenic phenotypes defined by the set of mAbs can be used to investigate possible pathogenetic relationships of the various testicular tumors.
CitationMonoclonal antibodies to human embryonal carcinoma cells: antigenic relationships of germ cell tumors. 1991, 65 (2):180-91 Lab. Invest.
- Immunochemical and biochemical characterizations of two monoclonal antibody-reacting antigens associated with human bladder carcinoma.
- Authors: Zhang DS, Lin CW
- Issue date: 1989 Dec 1
- Establishment of three monoclonal antibodies specific for prespermatogonia and intratubular malignant germ cells in humans.
- Authors: Hiraoka N, Yamada T, Abe H, Hata J
- Issue date: 1997 Mar
- Differentiation antigens defined by mouse monoclonal antibodies against human germ cell tumors.
- Authors: Fujimoto J, Hata J, Ishii E, Tanaka S, Kannagi R, Ueyama Y, Tamaoki N
- Issue date: 1987 Oct
- Three monoclonal antibodies defining distinct differentiation antigens associated with different high molecular weight polypeptides on the surface of human embryonal carcinoma cells.
- Authors: Andrews PW, Banting G, Damjanov I, Arnaud D, Avner P
- Issue date: 1984 Winter
- Human teratocarcinoma stem cells: glycolipid antigen expression and modulation during differentiation.
- Authors: Andrews PW
- Issue date: 1987 Dec