High-level expression of the Epstein-Barr virus alkaline deoxyribonuclease using a recombinant baculovirus: application to the diagnosis of nasopharyngeal carcinoma.
AffiliationCancer Research Campaign Laboratories, Paterson Institute for Cancer Research, Christie Hospital and Holt Radium Institute, Withington, Manchester, United Kingdom.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThe Epstein-Barr virus (EBV) alkaline deoxyribonuclease (DNase) was inserted into the baculovirus Autographa californica nuclear polyhedrosis virus (AcMNPV). Infection of the insect cell line Spodoptera frugiperda (SF9) with the recombinant virus led to the expression of an enzymatically active alkaline DNase. The recombinant EBV alkaline DNase was highly soluble, and the recombinant baculovirus produced approximately 10-20 mg of EBV DNase per 1 X 10(9) cells. The recombinant enzyme activity was neutralized by specific antisera to the EBV DNase and was recognized by these sera in Western blot analysis and immunofluorescence tests. The recombinant EBV DNase was neutralized by these sera from patients with nasopharyngeal carcinoma and chronic infectious mononucleosis. Western blot analysis using these patients' sera showed that IgG and IgA antibodies to the EBV DNase could be readily detected.
CitationHigh-level expression of the Epstein-Barr virus alkaline deoxyribonuclease using a recombinant baculovirus: application to the diagnosis of nasopharyngeal carcinoma. 1991, 181 (1):390-4 Virology
- Immunological characterization of the Epstein-Barr virus phosphoprotein PP58 and deoxyribonuclease expressed in the baculovirus expression system.
- Authors: Chen HF, Sauter M, Haiss P, Müller-Lantzsch N
- Issue date: 1991 Jul 30
- The characterization of the EBV alkaline deoxyribonuclease cloned and expressed in E. coli.
- Authors: Baylis SA, Purifoy DJ, Littler E
- Issue date: 1989 Oct 11
- Diagnosis of nasopharyngeal carcinoma by means of recombinant Epstein-Barr virus proteins.
- Authors: Littler E, Baylis SA, Zeng Y, Conway MJ, Mackett M, Arrand JR
- Issue date: 1991 Mar 23
- Immunological studies on the Epstein-Barr virus encoded alkaline deoxyribonuclease found in virus-producing lymphoblastoid cells.
- Authors: Baylis SA, Young LS, Purifoy DJ, Littler E
- Issue date: 1991 Feb
- Native early antigen of Epstein-Barr virus, a promising antigen for diagnosis of nasopharyngeal carcinoma.
- Authors: Paramita DK, Fachiroh J, Artama WT, van Benthem E, Haryana SM, Middeldorp JM
- Issue date: 2007 Nov