One-electron reduction of 8-hydroxy-5-deazaisoalloxazine in aqueous solution: a pulse radiolysis study.
AffiliationNorth East Wales Institute, Deeside, Clwyd, UK.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThe one-electron reduction of 8-hydroxy-5-deazaisoalloxazine (HMDI) has been studied in aqueous solution in the acidity range pH 0 to 13 using the reducing species CO2.-, eaq- and (CH3)2COH radicals. The spectral and other properties of the HMDI radicals were found to be independent of the reductant used. Four protolytic forms of the radical were distinguished with associated pKa values of 2.3 +/- 0.3, 6.0 +/- 0.3 and 10.1 +/- 0.3.
CitationOne-electron reduction of 8-hydroxy-5-deazaisoalloxazine in aqueous solution: a pulse radiolysis study. 1991, 59 (3):611-6 Int. J. Radiat. Biol.
JournalInternational Journal of Radiation Biology
- One-electron reduction of 5-deazalumiflavin in aqueous solution: a pulse radiolysis study.
- Authors: Heelis PF, Parsons BJ, Phillips GO, Swallow AJ
- Issue date: 1989 Apr
- Chemical properties of water-soluble porphyrins. 5. Reactions of some manganese (III) porphyrins with the superoxide and other reducing radicals.
- Authors: Weinraub D, Levy P, Faraggi M
- Issue date: 1986 Oct
- Addition of e-aq and H atoms to hypoxanthine and inosine and the reactions of alpha-hydroxyalkyl radicals with purines. A pulse radiolysis and product analysis study.
- Authors: Aravindakumar CT, Mohan H, Mudaliar M, Rao BS, Mittal JP, Schuchmann MN, Von Sonntag C
- Issue date: 1994 Oct
- Properties of the radicals formed by one-electron oxidation of acetaminophen--a pulse radiolysis study.
- Authors: Bisby RH, Tabassum N
- Issue date: 1988 Jul 15
- Effect of pH on one-electron oxidation chemistry of organoselenium compounds in aqueous solutions.
- Authors: Mishra B, Priyadarsini KI, Mohan H
- Issue date: 2006 Feb 9