The radiosensitivity of populations of murine hemopoietic colony-forming cells that respond to combinations of growth factors.
AffiliationCancer Research Campaign Department of Radiobiology, Paterson Institute for Cancer Research, Christie Hospital, Manchester, UK.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractCombinations of murine recombinant interleukin 3 (IL-3), purified murine macrophage colony-stimulating factor (M-CSF), and human recombinant interleukin 1 alpha (IL-1 alpha) were used to determine the effects of growth factors on the measured radiosensitivity of different populations of murine colony-forming cells (CFC). The data showed that combinations of growth factors resulted in different values of CFC radiosensitivity, being less than values observed when colony growth was stimulated using a single factor. For various combinations of growth factors, Do values ranged from 106 +/- 8 to 175 +/- 24 cGy for progenitor cells in normal bone marrow; 74 +/- 3 to 171 +/- 18 cGy for primitive multipotent CFC enriched using fluorescence-activated cell sorting; and from 46 +/- 4 to 131 +/- 10 cGy for more mature granulocyte-macrophage CFC, enriched by counterflow centrifugal elutriation. Only combinations of three factors produced the high values of Do reported in experiments using unpurified conditioned medium as a stimulus for colony formation.
CitationThe radiosensitivity of populations of murine hemopoietic colony-forming cells that respond to combinations of growth factors. 1991, 19 (4):282-7 Exp. Hematol.
- The relationship between different high proliferative potential colony-forming cells in mouse bone marrow.
- Authors: Kriegler AB, Verschoor SM, Bernardo D, Bertoncello I
- Issue date: 1994 May
- Radiosensitivity increases with differentiation status of murine hemopoietic progenitor cells selected using enriched marrow subpopulations and recombinant growth factors.
- Authors: Baird MC, Hendry JH, Testa NG
- Issue date: 1990 Sep
- The resolution, enrichment, and organization of normal bone marrow high proliferative potential colony-forming cell subsets on the basis of rhodamine-123 fluorescence.
- Authors: Bertoncello I, Bradley TR, Hodgson GS, Dunlop JM
- Issue date: 1991 Mar
- Progenitor cells in murine bone marrow stimulated by growth factors produced by the AF1-19T rat cell line.
- Authors: Kriegler AB, Bradley TR, Bertoncello I, Hamilton JA, Hart PH, Piccoli DS, Hodgson GS
- Issue date: 1990 Jun
- Stem cell responses in myelosuppressed mice following sequential treatment with recombinant human interleukin 1 (rHuIL-1), recombinant murine interleukin 3 (rMuIL-3) and recombinant human macrophage colony-stimulating factor (rHuM-CSF).
- Authors: Kovacs CJ, Harrell JP, Evans MJ, Abernathy RS, Roberts CJ, Johnke RM
- Issue date: 1994 Jan