Dimethanesulphonate esters in receptor mapping studies. 1. Benzene 1,2-, 1,3- and 1,4-diol, dimethanol and diethanol dimethanesulphonates and anti-tumour activity.
AffiliationDepartment of Experimental Chemotherapy, Paterson Institute for Cancer Research, Christie Hospital and Holt Radium Institute, Withington, Manchester, UK.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThe anti-tumour activities of nine aromatic dimethanesulphonate esters were examined. Their biological effects have been related to both their chemical reactivity and to the computer-modelled vectorial positions of the centres of alkylation of the compounds. One compound (19) has shown activity between sensitive and resistant Yoshida tumours in vivo and also shows the highest activity between these two cell lines in vitro. In its minimal energy form, this compound would require to interact with converging nucleophilic centres about 6 A apart, and it is tentatively suggested that this may be an appropriate dimension for a receptor which is required to be alkylated in order to show anti-tumour activity.
CitationDimethanesulphonate esters in receptor mapping studies. 1. Benzene 1,2-, 1,3- and 1,4-diol, dimethanol and diethanol dimethanesulphonates and anti-tumour activity. 1991, 6 (2):71-82 Anticancer Drug Des.
JournalAnticancer Drug Design
- Dimethanesulphonate esters in receptor mapping studies. 2. Antitumour activities of alkyl and alkoxy dimethanesulphonates substituted on a benzene nucleus.
- Authors: Hadfield JA, Fox BW, Caffrey R
- Issue date: 1992 Jun
- Interrelations between anti-tumour activity, DNA breakage, and DNA binding kinetics for 9-aminoacridinecarboxamide anti-tumour agents.
- Authors: Denny WA, Roos IA, Wakelin LP
- Issue date: 1986 Apr
- NTP Toxicology and Carcinogenesis Studies of Dimethyl Methylphosphonate (CAS No. 756-79-6) in F344/N Rats and B6C3F1 Mice (Gavage Studies).
- Authors: National Toxicology Program .
- Issue date: 1987 Nov
- 2-Substituted aminopyrido[2,3-d]pyrimidin-7(8H)-ones. structure-activity relationships against selected tyrosine kinases and in vitro and in vivo anticancer activity.
- Authors: Klutchko SR, Hamby JM, Boschelli DH, Wu Z, Kraker AJ, Amar AM, Hartl BG, Shen C, Klohs WD, Steinkampf RW, Driscoll DL, Nelson JM, Elliott WL, Roberts BJ, Stoner CL, Vincent PW, Dykes DJ, Panek RL, Lu GH, Major TC, Dahring TK, Hallak H, Bradford LA, Showalter HD, Doherty AM
- Issue date: 1998 Aug 13
- Phenylethyl-substituted pyrimido[2,1-f]purinediones and related compounds: structure-activity relationships as adenosine A(1) and A(2A) receptor ligands.
- Authors: Drabczyńska A, Müller CE, Schiedel A, Schumacher B, Karolak-Wojciechowska J, Fruziński A, Zobnina W, Yuzlenko O, Kieć-Kononowicz K
- Issue date: 2007 Nov 15