In vitro biological activities of the haemopoietic growth factors: implications for their clinical use.
AuthorsTesta, Nydia G
AffiliationPaterson Institute for Cancer Research, Christie Hospital, Manchester, UK.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThe recent availability of several haemopoietic growth factors in purified recombinant form suitable for clinical use has prompted their use in haematology and oncology. The knowledge of their various effects in vitro on cell proliferation, differentiation and function and of their target cell populations will help in the design of treatment protocols with regard to selection of the best growth factor (or combination of them) for specific desired effects.
CitationIn vitro biological activities of the haemopoietic growth factors: implications for their clinical use. 1991, 86 (3):122-7 Acta Haematol.
- [Hemopoietic growth factors: their biological effects and the prospects for their clinical use].
- Authors: Dexter TM
- Issue date: 1991 Jul-Aug
- Stem cell factor is a potent synergistic factor in hematopoiesis.
- Authors: Morstyn G, Brown S, Gordon M, Crawford J, Demetri G, Rich W, McGuire B, Foote M, McNiece I
- Issue date: 1994 Mar-Apr
- [Hematopoiesis regulating factors. Important therapeutic future].
- Authors: Parmentier C, Biquard JM
- Issue date: 1992 Nov 1
- Haemopoietic growth factors: their relevance in osteoclast formation and function.
- Authors: Testa NG, Allen TD, Molineux G, Lord BI, Onions D
- Issue date: 1988
- Haemopoietic growth factors and leukaemogenesis.
- Authors: Pierce A, Whetton AD
- Issue date: 1997 May