AffiliationNorth Western Medical Physics Department, Christie Hospital, Manchester, U.K.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractIncreasing demands are being made for more accurate versatile and precise methods of quality control for radiation therapy, in general. To this end, we have used a digital, on-line, megavoltage imaging system for the verification of breast treatments, in particular. Quick, high-quality images are produced from which the depth of lung irradiated during treatment is very easily determined using the system software. We describe how this quantitative clinical information has been used to assess critical aspects of the treatment technique, and also patient orientated criteria, throughout the course of treatment.
CitationPortal imaging for the verification of breast treatments. 1991, 22 (4):314-6 Radiother Oncol
JournalRadiotherapy and Oncology
- Verification films: a study of the daily and weekly reproducibility of breast patient set-up in the START trial.
- Authors: Venables K, Miles EA, Hoskin PJ, Aird EG, START.
- Issue date: 2005 Aug
- Verification of electron beam therapy with conventional and storage phosphor images: preliminary experience.
- Authors: Gur D, Weiser JC, Deutsch M, Fuhrman CR, Gennari RC, Rosenthal MS
- Issue date: 1989 Dec
- Nonisocentric treatment strategy for breast radiation therapy: a proof of concept study.
- Authors: Li R, Xing L, Horst KC, Bush K
- Issue date: 2014 Mar 15
- X-ray scatter in megavoltage transmission radiography: physical characteristics and influence on image quality.
- Authors: Jaffray DA, Battista JJ, Fenster A, Munro P
- Issue date: 1994 Jan
- Doses to critical organs following radiotherapy and concomitant imaging of the larynx and breast.
- Authors: Harrison RM, Wilkinson M, Rawlings DJ, Moore M
- Issue date: 2007 Dec