AuthorsBanerjee, Saumitra S
Eyden, Brian P
Radford, John A
Harrison, Christine J
Mainwaring, A R
AffiliationDepartment of Histopathology, Christie Hospital and Holt Radium Institute, Manchester.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThe clinical, light microscopic, ultrastructural, immunocytochemical and cytogenetic features of a case of monocytoid B cell lymphoma were investigated. The tumour initially affected the cervical and supraclavicular nodes, but 33 months later affected the left parotid salivary gland. The patient had subclinical Sjögren's syndrome. The neoplastic cells showed characteristic morphological features and had peri- and interfollicular distribution in the node. Immunocytochemically the tumour cells were L26, 4KB5, MB2, CD19, CD20, CD22 and IgM/kappa positive. Prominent plasmablastic plasmacytoid differentiation was present in the recurrent tumour, suggesting an origin from post-follicular B cells. The lymphoma cells showed unusual cytogenetic abnormalities.
CitationMonocytoid B cell lymphoma. 1991, 44 (1):39-44 J. Clin. Pathol.
JournalJournal of Clinical Pathology
- [Lymphoproliferative disorders in Sjögren's syndrome].
- Authors: Prochorec-Sobieszek M, Wagner T
- Issue date: 2005
- Extrasalivary lymphoma development in Sjögren's syndrome: clonal evolution from parotid gland lymphoproliferation and role of local triggering.
- Authors: Gasparotto D, De Vita S, De Re V, Marzotto A, De Marchi G, Scott CA, Gloghini A, Ferraccioli G, Boiocchi M
- Issue date: 2003 Nov
- Monocytoid B-cell lymphoma in patients with Sjögren's syndrome: a clinicopathologic study of 13 patients.
- Authors: Shin SS, Sheibani K, Fishleder A, Ben-Ezra J, Bailey A, Koo CH, Burke JS, Tubbs R, Rappaport H
- Issue date: 1991 May
- [Marginal zone lymphoma associated with Sjögren's syndrome and hepatitis C virus infection].
- Authors: Ebata K, Masaki Y, Karasawa H, Okada J, Kim CG, Tsuka M, Ogawa N, Wano Y, Hirose Y, Sugai S
- Issue date: 2001 Aug
- [Breast cancer and B cell malignant lymphoma associated with Sjögren'ssyndrome--a case report and review of literature in Japan].
- Authors: Kohno A, Kohriyama K, Arimori S
- Issue date: 1990 Oct