Twelve cases of Ki-1 positive anaplastic large cell lymphoma of skin.
AffiliationDepartment of Histopathology, Christie Hospital and Holt Radium Institute, Manchester.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractIn seven of 12 cases of Ber-H2 (Ki-1) positive anaplastic large cell non-Hodgkin's lymphoma (Ki-1 ALCL) disease remained localised to skin, and in five there was extracutaneous spread. Four patients had histological evidence of pre-existing or coexisting mycosis fungoides, and three patients had a long standing history of eczema or ichthyosis. In two cases the presence of a T phenotype was shown in frozen sections, and in a further six cases a T phenotype was firmly established in paraffin wax sections. Four patients died less than one year after presentation (two with disseminated lymphoma; two from other causes); one died at five years with widespread lymphoma and the remaining seven cases were alive one to 14 1/2 years after presentation. Three of the four patients with associated mycosis fungoides had prolonged survival, contrary to the findings of previous reports which suggest secondary Ki-1 ALCL behaves aggressively. The recognition of these tumours is important because of their relatively good prognosis. The diagnosis can be readily substantiated immunohistochemically, using a simple panel of antibodies.
CitationTwelve cases of Ki-1 positive anaplastic large cell lymphoma of skin. 1991, 44 (2):119-25 J. Clin. Pathol.
JournalJournal of Clinical Pathology
- Ki-1-positive large cell lymphomas, a heterogenous group of neoplasms. Morphologic, immunophenotypic, genotypic, and clinical features of 24 cases.
- Authors: Penny RJ, Blaustein JC, Longtine JA, Pinkus GS
- Issue date: 1991 Jul 15
- CD30-positive cutaneous anaplastic large cell lymphoma with ichthyosis acquisita.
- Authors: Zamolo G, Gruber F, Bosner A, Cabrijan L, Petković M, Jonjić N
- Issue date: 1999 Jan-Feb
- Anaplastic large cell lymphoma, so-called Ki-1 lymphoma: a report of a case of long course.
- Authors: Kanekura T, Setoyama M, Yotsumoto S, Nishi M, Tashiro M
- Issue date: 1991 Jun
- Primary cutaneous CD30-positive large cell lymphoma: definition of a new type of cutaneous lymphoma with a favorable prognosis. A European Multicenter Study of 47 patients.
- Authors: Beljaards RC, Kaudewitz P, Berti E, Gianotti R, Neumann C, Rosso R, Paulli M, Meijer CJ, Willemze R
- Issue date: 1993 Mar 15
- Primary cutaneous CD30-positive anaplastic large cell lymphoma. Report of 27 cases.
- Authors: Krishnan J, Tomaszewski MM, Kao GF
- Issue date: 1993 Jun