Stimulator of proliferation of spleen colony-forming cells in acute sterile inflammation.
AffiliationInstitute for Medical Research, University of Beograd, Yugoslavia (Serbia).
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThe presence and activity of a spleen colony-forming cell (CFU-S) proliferation stimulator was investigated in rat bone marrow after induction of sterile inflammation. Wistar rats were treated intraperitoneally with two 15 ml injections of 3.5% polyvinylpyrrolidone (PVP) at 18 h intervals, and the presence of CFU-S proliferation stimulator determined in bone marrow 6, 20 and 24 h after the first injection. The marrow of these mice was used to condition medium which was then fractionated using Amicon Diaflo ultrafiltration membranes. The 30-50 kDa fraction, taken from 20h post-PVP-bone marrow extract, was found to induce cycling of d8-CFU-S in normal mouse bone marrow. This activity was not related to the presence of interleukins-1, -2 or -6 like activities in the material tested. The results demonstrate the existence of CFU-S proliferation stimulator in the bone marrow of rats with sterile inflammation (i.e. in an in vivo tissue response to non-specific cell stimulation), similar to that originally described as a macrophage product in mouse bone marrow after treatment with a variety of cytotoxic agents.
CitationStimulator of proliferation of spleen colony-forming cells in acute sterile inflammation. 1993, 26 (6):503-10 Cell Prolif.
- Stimulator of proliferation of spleen colony-forming cells in T-cell deprived mice treated with cyclophosphamide or irradiation.
- Authors: Milenković P, Ivanović Z, Kataranovski M, Lukić ML
- Issue date: 1991 Sep
- Effect of haemopoietic stem-cell proliferation regulators on early and late spleen colony-forming cells.
- Authors: Wright EG, Lorimore SA, Lord BI
- Issue date: 1985 Mar
- A stimulator of mouse stem cell proliferation produced by human regenerating bone marrow.
- Authors: Oishi H, Katsuno M, Umemura T, Nishimura J, Motomura S, Ibayashi H
- Issue date: 1987
- Interleukin 3 promotes the in vitro proliferation of murine pluripotent hematopoietic stem cells.
- Authors: Spivak JL, Smith RR, Ihle JN
- Issue date: 1985 Oct
- Identification and characterization of osteoclast progenitors by clonal analysis of hematopoietic cells.
- Authors: Lee MY, Lottsfeldt JL, Fevold KL
- Issue date: 1992 Oct 1