AffiliationDepartment of Experimental Haematology, Christie Hospital, Withington, Manchester, UK.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractExperiments both in vitro and in vivo have increased our understanding of how cytokines can act to influence the maintenance of the primitive hemopoietic populations and the production of mature blood cells. Such understanding helps us to use cytokines as therapeutic agents in order to manipulate the hemopoietic response to disease and its treatment.
CitationThe molecular control of hematopoiesis. 1993, 4 Suppl 1:5-12 Anticancer Drugs
- Human hemopoietic growth factors.
- Authors: Platzer E
- Issue date: 1989 Jan
- [Comparison of human granulocytopoiesis and monocytopoiesis stimulation in vitro with various growth factors: clinical conclusions].
- Authors: Ratajczak MZ, Ratajczak J, Kuczyński WI
- Issue date: 1993 Jun 7-14
- Growth and differentiation in the hemopoietic system.
- Authors: Dexter TM, Spooncer E
- Issue date: 1987
- Hemopoietic growth factors: a review.
- Authors: Morstyn G, Burgess AW
- Issue date: 1988 Oct 15
- [The effect of cytokines on myelopoiesis. Origin, regulation of secretion and biological activity].
- Authors: Herrmann F
- Issue date: 1989 May 10